Tuesday, November 10, 2009
RIP Kyle Rembert
Kyle was a extremely close family friend of mine and he is sorely missed. 16-years old this kid never did anything to anybody. RIP Kyle...here's what the Post had to say about the story...
Mount St. Michael junior running back Kyle Rembert died from carbon monoxide inhalation at his Bronx home late Friday night, Mountaineers coach Mario Valentini said.
Valentini said there was a carbon monoxide leak at the 16-year-old's house and that he was the only person in his family affected by it. He became aware of Remberts death after a late afternoon practice Saturday. Rembert, who also plays defensive back and competes for the school's track and field team, was noticeably missing, but it did not raise imediate suspicions because of a SAT test being given that day
We heard about it as we came off the field, Valentini said. One of the parents got a call from his grandmother.
Rembert caught a touchdown pass in the Mountaineers' 41-40 loss to Fordham Prep on Oct 24. Mount St. Michael beat Xavier, 21-14, in the CHSFL AA quarterfinals Sunday.
He was a great kid, Valentini said. He always had a smile on his face, very pleasant, low key type of kid. He was just a wonderful young man.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment